ALMI™ in Augusta, GA
ALMI™ uses the power of your body’s cells and tissue to rejuvenate lost volume. At Southeastern Aesthetic Surgery, Dr. Troy Austin offers ALMI™ and other cosmetic procedures for residents of Augusta, Evans, Columbia County, and nearby areas in Georgia. We are also happy to provide our services to residents of Aiken and the neighboring communities in South Carolina.
What is ALMI™?
ALMI™ (Autologous Lipocyte Micronized Injection) is an all-natural, minimally invasive treatment that utilizes fat from problem areas on the body to restore volume and fullness in the face, hair, and other areas of the body. By using your body’s regenerative cells and fat tissues to restore lost volume, ALMI™ offers patients a natural alternative to traditional injectables with very little downtime required.
What Can ALMI™ Treat?
- Face Volume Loss – ALMI™ can be used to restore lost volume on the face, smoothing out wrinkles and reducing the appearance of blemishes.
- Hair Loss – ALMI™ for hair restoration encourages new hair growth by combing in fat from the body with PRP (platelet rich plasma) extracted from a patient’s blood and injecting it into target areas on the scalp.
- Vaginal Rejuvenation – ALMI™ FemShot stimulates angiogenesis (a new blood supply) and re-activates the production of new collagen, which re-establishes the vaginal mucosa you once had, decreasing pain and dryness.
- Male Erectile Dysfunction – ALMI™ ManShot has been shown to help improve a variety of conditions for overall male health, including erectile dysfunction, male enhancement, peyronies, incontinence and painful intercourse.
What are the Benefits of ALMI™?
- Fight and restore signs of aging such as wrinkles, texture, tone, structure elasticity, and sun spots
- Improve the volume, texture, and tone of the skin
- Create a smooth finish with longer-lasting results than typical fat grafting
- All-natural treatment
- Very minimal downtime and discomfort
How is the ALMI™ Procedure Performed?
ALMI™ is performed in three steps. We will administer a sedative or local anesthesia to ensure your maximum comfort throughout the procedure. Dr. Troy Austin, Melissa Sumner, FNP, or Tricia Getsinger, FNP will extract fat from the harvest site using a process called tumescent liposuction. Typically, this fat will be extracted from the abdomen, buttocks, back, or thighs, which slim and contour the harvest area. The harvested fat cells are then liquefied, isolated, and sterilized. Depending on the type of ALMI™ procedure you are having done, blood may also be drawn and spun in a centrifuge for PRP. Finally, the liquefied fat cells are injected directly into the target area using a fine-gauge needle, enhancing volume and fullness in that area. Your results will be immediately visible after the injections. Some patients may require a follow-up treatment because, in some instances, the body may absorb some or all of the transplanted fat cells.
When Will I See Results After ALMI™?
The results from an ALMI™ procedure are visible immediately, with the results improving over the next several weeks.
Who is a Good Candidate for ALMI™?
ALMI™ is suitable for almost any healthy adult who wishes to improve their appearance without plastic surgery. This procedure is ideal for younger adults to enhance facial and body contours, and for older patients who want to deter and reverse visible signs of aging. ALMI™ is also ideal for patients looking to improve their sexual health without surgery or medication.
What is the Recovery Like After ALMI™?
Patients may experience bruising, bleeding and pain at the site of the injections but should be able to return to normal activity immediately. Strenuous activity should be avoided for 3 days following the procedure.
ALMI™ can help to restore volume and improve signs of aging by using fat from your own body. Dr. Troy Austin, a respected board-certified plastic surgeon at Southeastern Aesthetic Surgery, offers ALMI™ and other cosmetic procedures to patients in Augusta, Evans, and Columbia County, as well as adjoining areas in Georgia and South Carolina. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule a consultation.