Male Facelift in Augusta, GA
A male facelift is among the most popular cosmetic procedures provided at Southeastern Aesthetic Surgery, led by Dr. Troy Austin, a board-certified plastic surgeon, and Dr. Matthew Isakson, plastic surgeon, and serving residents of Augusta, Evans, Columbia County, and nearby areas in Georgia. We are also happy to provide our services to residents of Aiken and the neighboring communities in South Carolina.
What is a Male Facelift?
A facelift, or rhytidectomy, gets rid of unwanted wrinkles and skin imperfections by tightening the facial skin and, in some cases, the face may be resculpted by transferring fatty tissue to other areas. A male facelift is a rhytidectomy procedure designed specifically for men and addresses the specific factors that differentiate a male facelift from a facelift performed on a woman, such as a more defined jawline and brow area, and sharper angles defining the cheekbones and chin.
When should a man consider a Male Facelift?
Many factors, including genetics, age, lifestyle, environmental conditions, diet, and stress levels can affect a man’s appearance, causing sagging in the face, as well as wrinkles and lines. In many cases, men develop jowls along the jaw line that contribute to a more aged appearance. A male facelift may be the ideal solution once a man begins to notice the visible signs of aging in his face and body, to prevent further deterioration of the skin and features. A male facelift can improve many conditions, including the following:
- Sagging skin in the mid-face and cheeks
- Deep creases, bags, and puffiness under the lower eyelids
- Wrinkles, lines, and creases surrounding the eyes, nose, and mouth
- Deep folds and creases running from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Flat, sunken cheekbones
- Loss of elasticity, smoothness, and firmness in the skin
- Jowls along the jaw line
- Double chin
- What kind of man makes a good candidate for a Male Facelift?
- Men who are in good overall health but are starting to see wrinkles and creases, jowls and sunken cheekbones, loss of skin elasticity, and the formation of lines and wrinkles around the facial features, may benefit from a male facelift. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Austin and Dr. Isakson today to determine whether a male facelift may be right for you.
How is a Male Facelift performed?
A facelift is performed through an inconspicuous incision that typically starts in the hairline at the temples and extends around the ear to the lower scalp. This allows Dr. Austin or Dr. Isakson to precisely reposition fat and muscle tissue in the face to produce a more defined and youthful contour. Once the muscles of the face have been lifted and sculpted, the skin is gently draped and tightened, and excess skin is trimmed away. In some cases, a second incision is required under the chin to sculpt and tighten sagging skin in the throat region.
A male facelift can rejuvenate your appearance, eliminate skin imperfections, and restore your self-esteem. Dr. Troy Austin, a board-certified plastic surgeon, and Dr. Matthew Isakson, plastic surgeon at Southeastern Aesthetic Surgery, provide customized male facelift procedures for men in Augusta, Evans, and Columbia County, and adjoining communities in Georgia and South Carolina. Contact us today!